Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!! A New Year, A New Start, A New Journey


Goodbye 2011. Hello 2012!!

2011 was both the worst year and one of the best
years of my life. It was a very challenging year and I feel like I've learnt a lot from the bad bits and those bad bits have made me a better person because I got through them! I've also learnt that I have limits, I'm not a superwoman and I need to be more organised in order to avoid stressing myself out. So my new years resolution is to be more organised and to stop being so hard on myself. I do set the bar too high a lot of
the time and then I get very disappointed when I don't achieve my goals.

But enough about me....back to TLWO.


There are lots of new things happening at TLWO this year, I'm planning on getting out and about to a few markets (totally stepping out of our comfort zone!) I'm also going to be developing our product ranges further and experimenting with different fabrics, designs, embellishments etc. ;) I have a few things laid out on my cutting table and these things are making me feel very excited and it's been a long time since I've felt excitement about something that I'm creating (my Mojo/Sewjo/Creatojo got lost in 2011 and it's nice to have it back!).

I have been working on some new hair accessories, notebook covers and a new design for our change mats. Our change mats will still be released with the pocket so you can stash your nappies, wipes etc and have it on the go but I'm also making one for the nappy bag which doesn't have the pocket and one which you can put on your change table at home. So our change mats will come in 3 different sizes/styles. I'm also developing a geeky line...more on this at a later date as I'm still sourcing some bits and pieces that I need....this has me SUPER excited! Our tag blankets are also having a design overhaul to make them a bit more interesting and to tickle the senses of the little ones. I am however discontinuing the play quilts purely because I require a larger sized piece of fabric and batting and at times this does prevent me from being able to make 1 or 2 change mats in the same fabric.

Also in 2012 we will be focusing more on listing items for sale through our website and madeit store plus our market appearances, there will be less Facebook sales due to lack of interest from the last few that we've held. I'm not sure if that's due to Facebook hiding my sale posts or if it's a case of people's news feed being bombarded with sales from pages or perhaps my products simply don't strike a chord with you guys anymore (I'm being more positive in 2012 so I will assume that it's due to option A and B!)

As for this blog, I'm going to take it on a new journey and it will be more than just information about our new products but I'm hoping to include other bits and pieces, recipes, maybe a few tutorials, and other bibs and bobs that I think may interest you!

Well I think that I've written enough for the first day of the year. I hope that everybody had a pleasant NYE and that there aren't too many sore heads today!!

Until next time....

Em x

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your facebook page for a while now, but only recently joined your blog. Thank you for sharing your goals for 2012! I did markets for the first time last year and it was so scary at first but now I love it. All the best with stepping out of your comfort zone! I started my own blog this week and woulD love for you to come on over and read my goals for 2012 :)
    http://little-lady-bird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete