Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Project Life Kit (finally) Arrived!!!!


I've been waiting very patiently since September (when I pre-ordered it) for my Project Life kit to arrive and today it finally has! I ordered the Cobalt Edition from Craft House (they're the Project Life distributor for Aust & NZ and are located in NZ) and they put together a kit with everything that they suggest you need to complete it (retailed $165 NZ) and thus far I am very impressed with what I've received :)

This is my first glimpse of Project Life and I'm going to do it as a weekly family memory keeping tool. My daughter (aged 6) is starting to become more and more interested in art and craft so I'm going to put this together with her as a mother-daughter bonding exercise as now since the baby has come along I feel as though she may be feeling a little left out at the moment as I'm answering his every demand and whim!


This year I'm also completing my own personal 366 days of photo's which I'm uploading some to my personal profile on Facebook and others are going into my own personal photo journal (something which I did a few years ago and it was very therapeutic during a very demanding and trying time as it gave me a chance to have an outlet and to do something just for me). I've always had a passion for photography but over the past few years my photography skills have been limited to special occasions and product photo's! It is nice to be looking at the world through a camera lens again. From time to time I will upload what I've down with my Project Life layouts etc. and once a week I'm thinking of uploading a photo that I've taken that week that I want to share. I think that a photo can be just as artistic or as expressive as a painting or drawing (both of which skills I lack!).

I've also been playing around with a few programs that I have found on the Mac App Store, some of them are quite cheap and I'm planning a post on them very shortly! I do own Photoshop CS5 (my partner designs websites for work so he uses it for that) but my Photoshop skills are very limited to the basic basic basic functions so I've sought out some more user friendly programs that don't require having completed a degree in graphic design!

I would love it if you're doing Project Life this year and are blogging about it to leave your link in the comments section so I can see what you're doing as well! :)

Until Next Time....

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment