Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Beginning! - The Little Wise Owl is born....


















Good Morning from Chilly Tassie!


2 days ago I decided to get off my backside and try and fulfill a dream that I've had for awhile. My partner and I had been discussing me making things to sell for a few months but I hadn't done anything about it. I think we both put it down to another "gunna" conversation. A friend of mine, Bell from Tassie Made 4 Baby recently started up her home business and she has been an inspiration to me, to see how hard she has been working to become a WAHM. It has made me believe that one day I will be able to give up my job and do the same! Prior to that, it was just a pipe dream!

Anyway, a bit off track there. On Tuesday 18/5, The Little Wise Owl was born. We tossed around a few names and finally settled on that. I love owls and wanted the name to have something to do with them. I'm going to start off with making/selling hair bows for infants, toddlers and little girls and then hopefully move into being a bit more adventurous with my sewing machine. I have a few ideas flowing at the moment but I'm not sure my sewing skills are up to scratch to achieve them at this stage but it's all a learning curve! I prefer to go about things a bit ad hoc, I like to be challenged and to create things by not following a pattern but making it up as I go. If it works: AWESOME! If it doesn't...well back to the drawing board! The only downside with making things up as I go is that sometimes it's a bit hard to re-create them!

A bit about me: I'm a mother to 2 gorgeous children aged 4.5 and almost 3. I have the most wonderful partner who is an inspiration to me and very supportive of my crazy ideas and living in a house full of fabric and ribbon.

Until my next blog....

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment